Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tooth inflammation in another Nation !!!

Since I began my work in barefoot doctoring I have come across
many interesting situations and lately they seem to be gaining in frequency.

I wrote, “American Barefoot Doctors Manual while still practicing acupuncture and Chinese medicine and it seemed like a pretty good little acute care primer. Anyway, I’m not practicing much any more and still the situations keep on coming. This latest episode comes straight to you from Xalapa, Mexico where I’m here celebrating my good friends wedding and bringing in the Mayan calendar’s end.

First I should say that if you have any form of prolonged inflammation you should get help from your doctor whether dentist or internist, etc. but IF THERE IS NO DOCTOR…..
While in Mexico one of our friends got a pretty severe tooth ache and within a few hours of eating a meal was in full blown pain. This pain wasn’t budging with any of the over-the-counter medication and they consented to a little “barefoot doctoring”.
I always carry Oregano pills and Morinda (noni roots) along with Chinese Yin Chiao and Gan Mao Ling when I travel for any food poisoning or bacterial, viral or fungal issues.

I suggested that we start with a few of the Oregano and Morinda then 20 minutes later with the Chinese herbs. Along with these we did “surrounding the dragon” around the ear, jaw and above the painful area. Within a few hours the pain and inflammation moved into a large boil which center in the upper palate next to the main infected tooth. We keep doing the same treatment needling on and off for 6 hours.

Throughout the next day the pain was less and less intense and half-way through the second day the pain was gone.
I suggested that an appointment be made with the dentist to discover what degree of decay there might be and whether any further treatment was necessary.

Accem Scott
accemscott@hotmail.com
828 280-7287

No comments:

Post a Comment